- The government of Australia introduced new priority processing status for skilled visa categories
The government of Australia updated its processing priority list order for skilled visa application categories. According to the announcement, skilled visa categories will be prioritized in the following order:
- Visa applications in relation to a healthcare or teaching occupation
- Visa applications concerning an occupation to be carried out in a designated regional area
- Employer-sponsored visa applications where an Approved sponsor nominates the applicant with Accredited status
- For permanent and provisional visa subclasses, visa applications that count towards the migration program, excluding the Subclass 188 (Business Innovation and Investment (Provisional) visa
- All other visa applications
Check here for additional information on the specific visa types and their priority status. Estimated processing times can be found here. These processing times are based on how long it has taken to process recently finalized applications.
What are the Changes?
The government of Australia introduced new processing times for skilled visa applications. As a result, applicants sponsored under an employer nomination will be prioritized.
Continue to check the government of Australia’s website for the latest updates and information.
Written by: Jessie Butchley, Global Immigration Writer, Envoy Global
Source: Australian Government, Department of Home Affairs