- The Australian government has approved five additional vaccines for international travel
On January 17, 2022, the government of Australia approved five additional vaccines to establish a traveler’s vaccination status. Travelers will need to have received a two-dose vaccination regimen to be approved for travel to Australia. The following vaccines will be recognized for the purpose of travel:
- Comirnaty (Pfizer)
- Vaxzeviria (AstraZeneca)
- Spikevax or Takeda (Moderna)
- Janssen (Johnson & Johnson)
- Coronavac (Sinovac)
- Covishield (AstraZeneca – Serum Institute of India)
- BBIBP-CorV for people under the age of 60
- Covaxin (Bharat Biotech)
- Sputnik V (Gamaleya Research Institute)
What are the Changes?
The government of Australia has recognized more vaccine types for travel. This change will allow more travelers to enter Australia with government-approved vaccines.
Continue to check the government of Australia’s website for additional updates and information.