- Austria will introduce amendments aimed at improving the Red-White-Red Card on October 1, 2022
The government of Austria will introduce amendments to the Red-White-Red Card effective October 1, 2022. The amendments aim to do the following:
- Create faster processing times and procedures
- Introduce more straightforward criteria for obtaining the Red-White-Red Card, including changes in the allocation of points for qualifications, work experience, and language requirements
- Eliminate the minimum salary requirement for graduates and extend the allocation of points for the criterion of “age” for Skilled Workers in Shortage Occupations
- Introduce an employment permit for specialists for specific projects
For additional information on the amendments, check here.
What are the Changes?
The government of Austria will amend aspects of the Red-White-Red Card on October 1, 2022. Under these changes, the government intends to create faster processing times and procedures.
The government of Austria stated that more detailed changes would be provided on October 1, 2022. Continue to check the government of Austria’s website for the latest updates and information.
Written by: Jessie Butchley, Global Immigration Writer, Envoy Global
Source: Migration Government, Austria