- The government of Belgium has implemented the European Union Intra-Company Transfer permit on December 16, 2021
The government of Belgium will implement the European Union Intra-Company Transfer permit on December 16, 2021. The EU ICT Permit will allow the intra-company transfer of managers, specialists, and trainees from countries and regions outside the European Union to enter Belgium for more than 90 days. The following individuals will be eligible to apply for the EU ICT Permit within Belgium beginning December 16, 2021:
- Managers, specialists with a minimum of a higher education degree
- Trainees with a university degree
- Have worked for a non-EU company for a minimum of three months in the Flanders and Walloon Regions or six months in the Brussels region
- The main place of residence is outside of the EU when the application is made
What are the Changes?
The government of Belgium has implemented the European Union Intra-Company Transfer permit based on an EU Directive that harmonizes the regulations of EU member states and the transfer of select employees.
Continue to check the government of Belgium’s website for additional updates and information.
Source: The Belgium Gazettes