- The government of Brunei updated its entrance requirements
On March 30, 2022, the government of Brunei announced new guidelines for inbound and outbound air travel that will go into effect on April 1, 2022.
Under the new guidelines, all travelers, including citizens of Brunei, permanent residents, and foreign nationals, must:
- Complete the pre-arrival E-Health Declaration Form 24 hours before departure
- This form must indicate where the traveler will undergo quarantine, whether it be a home address or hotel accommodation
- Include details of their vaccination status, vaccine received, test history, and history of travel
The government also updated the Travel Green List based on COVID-19 risk level assessments. Travelers arriving from Green List countries or regions are permitted to enter Brunei for essential and non-essential purposes and are not required to obtain an Entry Travel Pass approval before traveling to Brunei.
Travelers arriving from Green List countries must adhere to the following requirements:
- Undergo RT-PCR testing no more than two days before departure or undergo a rapid antigen test (ART) no more than one day before departure
- Undergo RT-PCR testing and an ART upon arrival
- Undergo an ART on days two and three of arrival; and, where applicable
- Undergo a quarantine period until a negative test result can be produced
Travelers arriving from a country or region not classified on the Travel Green List will be required to:
- Undergo RT-PCR testing no more than two days before departure or undergo an ART no more than one day before departure
- Undergo an ART test upon arrival and undergo a five-day quarantine period
- Undergo RT-PCR testing on the fifth day of the quarantine. If a negative test result is produced, the traveler may end the quarantine period
For additional information, click here.
What are the Changes?
The government of Brunei introduced new entrance requirements that may vary depending on departure location. The government of Brunei reiterated that travelers entering the country for work purposes would require proper work authorization before entering the country.
Continue to check the government of Brunei’s website for the latest updates and information.