- Updated documents required for entrance
- Updated red zone list
On March 10, 2022, the government of Bulgaria updated its COVID-19 travel restrictions. Under this update, travelers arriving from countries and regions within the green zone will be permitted to enter the country with proof of one of the following:
- A valid EU Digital COVID-19 vaccination certificate
- A valid EU Digital COVID-19 recovery certificate
- A valid EU Digital COVID-19 certificate providing proof of having tested negative for COVID-19
- To qualify, the individual must have taken a PCR test within 72 hours before entry, or a rapid antigen test that was taken within 48 hours of entry
- An equivalent document containing the same data as an EU Digital COVID-19 certificate
The government also updated the red zone of countries and regions with high COVID-19 transmission rates. This zone includes 66 countries and regions.
What are the Changes?
The government of Bulgaria updated its country and region classification lists. In addition, the government provided a list of documents that will be required to enter the country.
Continue to check the government of Bulgaria’s website for the latest updates and information.
Written by: Jessie Butchley, Global Immigration Writer, Envoy Global
Source: Republic of Bulgaria Ministry of Foreign Affairs