- China will resume its fast-lane services at all ports of entry beginning May 15, 2023
The government of China will resume its fast-lane services at all ports of entry beginning May 15, 2023. Fast lanes are available to Chinese nationals and allow for expedited border inspections when it comes to reviewing certain travel documents, including:
- Ordinary passports
- Exit-entry permits for those traveling to and from Hong Kong, Macao, and Taiwan
- Mainland travel permits for Hong Kong and Macao residents
- Five-year mainland travel permits issued to Taiwanese residents
- Multiple entry permits remain valid for a period of one year
Expedited border inspections may also be available to foreign nationals with physical passports, electronically issued passports, or Chinese-issued foreign permanent resident ID cards and residence permits with a validity period of six months or more.
What are the Changes?
The government of China will resume expedited port services on May 15, 2023, for travelers holding specific documentation. According to the announcement, this change is part of the government’s effort to facilitate more efficient cross-border travel.
Continue to check the government of China’s website for the latest updates and information.
Written by: Jessie Butchley, Global Immigration Writer, Envoy Global
Source: The People’s Republic of China