- Businesses with ten or more people will be required to scan QR codes for holders of the European Digital COVID-19 Vaccine Certificates
The government of Cyprus announced that businesses with more than ten employees would be required to check European Digital COVID-19 Vaccine Certificates using the CovScan Cyprus application beginning November 22, 2021. For installation instructions, click here. The following citizens will be excluded from the digital QR check:
- Individuals under the age of 18 and individuals older than the age of 65
- Turkish Cypriot citizens vaccinated in areas of Cyprus where government control is limited
- Tourists or persons not permanently residing in Cyprus, who have been vaccinated in a country outside of the EU, EEA, and Switzerland
- Permanent and legal residents of Cyprus who have been vaccinated in a country outside of the EU, EEA, and Switzerland
Instead, the persons mentioned above must present a printed or digital vaccination card, a COVID-19 recovery certificate, or a negative PCR or antigen test result.
What are the Changes?
The government of Cyprus will require businesses with more than ten people present to scan the QR codes for holders of the European Digital COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate starting November 22, 2021.
Continue to check the government of Cyprus’ website for additional updates and information.
Source: Government of Cyprus