- Removal of the color-coordinated country list
- Reduction of quarantine requirements for fully vaccinated travelers
The Danish government simplified travel and entry rules on October 15, 2021. The updates are as follows:
New Departure Rules (valid from October 15, 2021):
- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs’ travel guides will no longer be color coordinated based on COVID-19 infection in a country, but according to safety factors for the traveler such as terror, war, unrest, etc.
- Travelers from Denmark are advised to check entry restrictions and requirements on Danish Embassy websites
- Non-vaccinated travelers are advised to check coronasmitte.dk regarding testing and quarantine requirements
New Entry Rules (valid October 25, 2021):
- Fully vaccinated travelers from within the EU and Schengen area, those previously infected, and people who have a negative test will be able to enter Denmark with no restrictions
- Unvaccinated travelers, those who have not been previously infected, or those who cannot supply a negative test will be required to be tested no later than 24 hours after entry into Denmark. This requirement will also apply to persons with Danish citizenship or with permanent residence in Denmark.
- Travelers will not be required to provide a “worthy purpose” to enter Denmark
- Police COVID-19-related border control will end
- Fully vaccinated travelers from OECD countries, countries from the EU’s positive list, and countries with the EU’s Digital COVID Certificate can enter Denmark without the requirement for testing and isolation
- Unvaccinated people entering from countries from the EU’s positive list, from which Denmark has approved travel, will be required to take a test after entry
- Unvaccinated travelers from countries not on the EU’s positive list will be subject to testing and isolation requirements upon entry
The Danish government has updated its rules for departing and entering Denmark to simplify travel rules.
Continue to check Denmark’s government website for future updates.
Sources: The Ministry of Justice