This article was originally published on August 1, 2022, and was updated on October 17, 2022, to reflect new information.
October 17, 2022, Update: On October 12, 2022, the government of Ireland introduced the Employment Permits Bill, which aims to modernize the Employment Permit system in the country. The main provisions of the bill include the following:
- The introduction of a seasonal employment permit will cater to short-term and recurrent employment situations in specific sectors
- Revisions to the labor market tests
- Streamlining the number of requirements to simplify the process
- Providing additional training and accommodation support for foreign national workers in certain circumstances
According to the government, these measures will reduce processing delays and simplify other immigration procedures. For additional information on the bill, check here.
Original Post From August 1, 2022
- The government of Ireland will introduce new measures to the Employment Permit System in the fall of 2022
The government of Ireland plans to modernize the Employment Permit System. The changes aim to:
- Create a more responsive system to address Ireland’s labor market
- Introduce new seasonal work employment permits
- Introduce an index for salary thresholds
- Revise the labor market test process
The official bill will be published and implemented in the fall of 2022.
What are the Changes?
The government of Ireland will publish a new law for its Employment Permit System in the fall of 2022. According to the government, these changes will help streamline the Employment Permit system and allow Ireland to better compete for global talent while filling labor market gaps.
The new bill for the Employment Permit system will be implemented in the fall of 2022. Continue to check the government of Ireland’s website for the latest updates and information.
Written by: Jessie Butchley, Global Immigration Writer, Envoy Global
Source: Minister for Business, Employment, and Retail, Government of Ireland