- Employers are required to complete the following steps:
- Visit this link and complete the provided form;
- Manually submit the form at the nearest Labour Department where their company is located.
- Employers are advised to bring 2 copies
- Obtain the required acknowledgement stamp and signature (located on page 2, section F of the form) from the Labour Department.
- Employers will be required to submit their copy of stamped and signed acknowledgement with any type of employment Pass application going forward.
- No date has been established for when this requirement will take effect, but employers are advised to start immediately.
- Employers who fail to register and update their information or provide false information could be fined up to RM 10,000 if convicted.
On March 23, 2021, the Expatriate Services Division (ESD) of the Department of Labour of Peninsular Malaysia announced that companies that employ foreign nationals in Malaysia are required to register and update their work locations and employment information through this link.
What Are the Changes?
Companies will be required to complete and submit this form each time there is a change to the company’s name, business location, or employment information that is requested in the provided form. Employers must complete and submit this information on the form within 90 days from any change.
Employers are encouraged to act immediately and submit their completed forms in order to avoid any potential penalties and remain in compliance with the Department of Labour. All future employment Pass applications for current or prospective employees will require a copy of the company’s stamped and signed acknowledgement of the form.