Skip to main content

Key Points

  • Certain work pass holders will no longer be required to gain an entry approval letter before entering Malaysia


The government of Malaysia will no longer require an Entry Approval Letter (EAL) for specific work pass holders. Individuals holding the following pass types will be exempt from needing an EAL:

  • Employment Pass (categories EP, I, II, and III)
  • Dependent Pass (DP)
  • Professional Visit Pass (PVP)
  • Long-Term Social Visit Pass
  • Residence Pass-Talent (RPT) and their dependents

For additional information, click here.

What are the Changes?

The government of Malaysia has exempted certain work pass holders from needing to obtain an EAL to apply for a work pass. This exemption is expected to allow shorter processing times for certain work pass types.

Looking Ahead

Continue to check the government of Malaysia’s website for additional updates and information.

Source: Expatriate Services Division, Malaysia

Close Menu

Corporate Immigration Partners

Chicago Office
+1 312-722-6300

Cincinnati Office
+1 513-381-2011

San Francisco Office
+1 415-771-7500

Europe, Middle East, and Africa
+44 20 34326564

+86 10 84053554