- Certain work pass holders will no longer be required to gain an entry approval letter before entering Malaysia
The government of Malaysia will no longer require an Entry Approval Letter (EAL) for specific work pass holders. Individuals holding the following pass types will be exempt from needing an EAL:
- Employment Pass (categories EP, I, II, and III)
- Dependent Pass (DP)
- Professional Visit Pass (PVP)
- Long-Term Social Visit Pass
- Residence Pass-Talent (RPT) and their dependents
For additional information, click here.
What are the Changes?
The government of Malaysia has exempted certain work pass holders from needing to obtain an EAL to apply for a work pass. This exemption is expected to allow shorter processing times for certain work pass types.
Continue to check the government of Malaysia’s website for additional updates and information.