- Malaysia will expand access to digital entry service dates to foreign nationals holding a valid Long-Term Pass category
The government of Malaysia will allow Long-Term Pass holders to utilize digital service gates when entering and exiting the country to facilitate faster entry times. Eligible applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Hold a passport that contains a digital chip and meets the standards set by the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO):
- Hold a valid Long-Term Pass.
According to the announcement, these measures will apply to the following categories:
- Residence Pass/Talent Pass
- Employment Pass
- Student Pass
- Professional Visit Pass
- Temporary Work Visit Pass
- Premium Visa Pass
- Long-Term Social Visit Pass
What are the Changes?
The government of Malaysia expanded access to automate entry systems for foreign nationals holding a form of a Long-Term pass. These measures facilitated faster entry and departure from the country for qualified individuals.
Continue to check the government of Malaysia’s website for the latest updates and information.
Written by: Jessie Butchley, Global Immigration Writer, Envoy Global
Source: Expatriate Services Division, Immigration Department of Malaysia