- Malaysia will require companies registered through the ESD online service to update their company information as well as to purchase the latest e-SSM
The government of Malaysia will require companies registered through the Expatriate Services Division (ESD) online service to update their company information as well as to purchase the latest e-SSM. To complete this process, companies must take the following steps:
- Log into the ESD account and click the “Company” tab
- Select the appropriate industry from the drop-down list
- For “Company Establishment Globally,” select “Yes” if the company’s head office is located outside of Malaysia or “No” if the company’s head office is in Malaysia
- If the company answered “Yes” to the item (iv), fill in the details of any overseas head office address
- Click on “confirm save” to keep the changes
These measures must be completed by May 31, 2023. For additional information on these requirements, check here.
What are the Changes?
The government of Malaysia introduced new requirements for companies to register through the ESD portal. According to the government announcement, these measures are to ensure that company details are up-to-date and in line with the most recent business profile.
Continue to check the government of Malaysia’s website for the latest updates and information.
Written by: Jessie Butchley, Global Immigration Writer, Envoy Global
Source: Expatriate Services Division, Immigration Department of Malaysia