- New improvements to Mexico’s consular services in North America
- Mexico has the goal of reducing visa backlogs caused by pandemic
The government of Mexico announced several improvements that will be made to consular services located in North America. The improvements include:
- The reconfiguration of consular districts in Albuquerque, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Indianapolis, Kansas City, Little Rock, Miami, and New York
- The opening of two new consulates in New Jersey and Oklahoma
- Increased use of mobile consulates and consulates on wheels
Additionally, on January 1, 2022, the remuneration of the independent professional service providers working with Mexico’s consulates in North America will increase by ten percent.
Changes have been made to consulate services in North America to improve processing time and reduce visa backlogs. These changes will allow for the redistribution of workload and provide more efficient services across North America.
In addition to the changes mentioned above, the remuneration of the independent professional service providers working with Mexico’s consulates in North America will increase by ten percent on January 1, 2022.
Sources: The Government of Mexico