- New Zealand will open a new Skilled Migrant Category (SMC) route on October 9, 2023
The government of New Zealand will open a new Skilled Migrant Category (SMC) route on October 9, 2023. The new SMC route utilizes a six-point skills assessment and does not hold a cap on the number of foreign nationals admitted each year. Qualified applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Are 55 years or younger at the time of application
- Provide proof of meeting good health and character requirements
- Meet any English language skill requirements
- Have been granted employment by an accredited employer
- Be able to provide proof that the position being filled is a skilled role
For additional information on eligibility requirements, check here.
The final expression of interest selections under the old SMC route will be accepted until August 16, 2023.
What are the Changes?
The government of New Zealand will open a new SMC route on October 9, 2023. The new route is intended to grow the New Zealand economy and provide foreign nationals with additional residence visa options.
Continue to check the government of New Zealand’s website for the latest updates and information.
Written by: Jessie Butchley, Global Immigration Writer, Envoy Global
Source: New Zealand Immigration