- Norway extends entry restrictions
The Norwegian government announced that current entry restrictions would be extended beginning October 29, 2021. The end date for this extension has yet to be announced. Entry restriction exemptions apply to:
- All travelers, regardless of departure country, are fully vaccinated and have valid and verifiable vaccination information
- All EEA nationals, including travelers from third countries who currently reside in the EEA and Schengen area
- Travelers who live in purple list countries
- Foreign nationals who reside in Norway or family members of people who live in Norway
Travel quarantine is also removed from travelers arriving from orange areas. Travel quarantine restrictions will continue to apply to travelers from red, dark red, purple, and gray countries and territories.
Norway has enforced strict entry restrictions since March 2020, with some easing in restrictions beginning in September. This latest change will extend these restrictions until the Norwegian government can decrease COVID-19 infection rates.
Continue to check the Norwegian government website for additional updates and information.
Sources: Government of Norway