- Norway increased the country’s minimum salary requirements for residence and work permits
The government of Norway increased the country’s minimum salary requirements for residence permits granted for work purposes. As a result, the following salary requirements will apply:
- If the position requires a master’s degree, the employee must be paid at least NOK 480,900 per tax year
- If the position requires a bachelor’s degree, the employee must be paid at least NOK 448,900 per tax year
- Applicants of both pathways may be permitted to receive a lower salary if they can document that this is normal for their occupation in the place where they are to work
- If the applicant is to work in an industry where a collective agreement applies, the applicant must be paid the collective wage rate
What are the Changes?
The government of Norway introduced new minimum salary requirements for foreign nationals holding specific work permits.
Continue to check the government of Norway’s website for the latest updates and information.
Written by: Jessie Butchley, Global Immigration Writer, Envoy Global
Source: The Norwegian Directorate of Immigration