- Updated regulations for the residence permit and work permit application process in Poland
The government of Poland published changes to the regulations on the residence Permit process and work permit process that will go into effect at the end of January 2022. Some of these changes include:
Changes to the Residence Permit Process
- The documents required for the application process will be simplified so that applicants will not be required to confirm accommodations in Poland, proof of health insurance in Poland, or confirmation of holding sufficient funds
- Simplification of the process for changing residence and work permits if the position title, the type of employment, or if the employer changes
Changes to Visa Processes
- Some visa applications from specific countries or professions can be prioritized
- Information on the rights and obligations for visa applicants will be sent in an electronic form
Changes to Special Permissions and Work Permit Process
- Individuals holding special permits will be able to extend the permit for up to 24 months
- Special permissions can be filled consecutively
For additional information, click here.
What are the Changes?
On January 4, 2022, the government of Poland approved several updates to immigration regulations. These regulations aim to simplify the application process for temporary residence applicants and work permit holders.
The government of Poland has not officially set a date for when these regulations will go into place. The rules will go into effect 14 days after they are formally finalized. Continue to check the government of Poland’s website for additional updates and information.
Source: Government of Poland