- Family members of HQS employees are permitted to enter Russia through decree No. 3675-p
- Family members may now enter if they are on an approval list from the MIA or FSS
- The change impacts HQS employees, their family members, and their employers
- The employer must petition the responsible Russian ministry to request dependents’ admittance
- A valid labor agreement is no longer required for HQS employees and dependents at the border
In accordance with governmental decree No. 3675-p, family members of HQS employees may enter Russia.
What are the Changes?
Family members of HQS employees, including parents, children, spouses, adopters, and adoptees, may enter Russia if they are included on lists sent to the MIA and the FSS. Only HQS employees were previously allowed to enter the country. Their dependents were either allowed to enter Russia or denied entry at the government’s discretion on a case-by-case basis.
Who is Affected?
The change applies to HQS employees, their employers, and their family members.
What Should Employers and Applicants Know?
In order for HQS dependents to gain approval, the employer must submit a petition to the responsible Russian ministry. This requirement is the same for the principal employee.
Employers and applicants should note that HQS employees and their family members are no longer required to present a valid labor agreement at the border.