- The Singapore government will launch two dedicated vaccination channels for overseas Singapore citizens to return to Singapore to be vaccinated.
On September 11, 2021, the Singapore government announced that it would launch two dedicated vaccination channels in order to make it more convenient for overseas Singapore citizens to return to Singapore to acquire a vaccine. The channels are open to medically eligible Singapore citizens who are based overseas, who are interested in returning to Singapore to receive a vaccination. Singapore citizens currently returning from Category II-IV countries/regions will be required to serve the full Stay-Home Notice (SHN) before they are eligible to receive their first dose of vaccination, followed by the second dose three to four weeks later. The vaccination channels will be for Singapore citizens arriving via Changi Airport and Tanah Ferry Terminal. Upon arrival Singapore citizens traveling for purposes of vaccination must adhere to one of the two options below:
- Receive the first dose upon arrival in Singapore without serving full SHN, and then may return to their resident country on the next available flight/ferry. Individuals can complete their vaccination regimen by repeating this process for their second dose;
- Under this criterion overseas Singapore citizens will be subject to the same prevailing border measures until they depart on the next available flight/ferry.
- Or receive their first dose upon arrival in Singapore, complete full SHN at a designated facility, and receive the second dose after the required dosing interval returning to their resident country;
- Under this criterion overseas Singapore citizens will be subject to the prevailing border measures on the pre-departure test, on-arrival testing regimes as well as the length of SHN based on their 21-day travel history.
All overseas Singapore citizens who return to Singapore for vaccination will be required to stay at an appointed dedicated facility where the vaccination will be offered on-site, while they are under SHN. Overseas Singapore citizens will bear the cost associated with returning for vaccination, stay in a designated facility, swab tests, and additional travel costs.
The Singapore government will launch two travel channels for Singapore citizens overseas who seek to be vaccinated to ensure that more Singapore citizens, who are medically eligible, are vaccinated worldwide.
Overseas Singapore citizens should register their interest in using either vaccination channel via the Ministry of Health webpage. Prior to arriving in Singapore, citizens should ensure that they obtain re-entry approval and return flights/ferry tickets for the travel back to their resident country. For additional information visit here.