- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination required for application submission of long-term passes, work passes, student passes, and permanent residence
Beginning February 1, 2021, the government of Singapore will require a COVID-19 vaccination for foreign nationals to be granted or renew long-term work passes, work passes, and new permanent residence applications.
Work Pass Holders and Dependents:
- When filing for a work permit application, employers will be required to declare that the pass holders and any dependents are fully vaccinated upon arrival in Singapore;
- Pass holders will be required to submit a vaccination certificate as part of the verification process
- Pass holders who received a vaccination overseas will be required to update their vaccination records in the National Immigration Registry (NIR)
New Permanent Residence, Long-Term Visit Pass, and Student Pass applicants:
- The vaccination status of an applicant will be verified during the pass issuance process. The vaccination records must be updated in the NIR
Click here for additional information on submitting the vaccination records and potential exemptions.
What are the Changes?
The government of Singapore will require long-term pass holders, work pass holders, and permanent residents to be fully vaccinated for immigration permissions to be granted or renewed beginning February 1, 2022.
Continue to check the government of Singapore’s website for additional updates and information.
Source: Ministry of Manpower, Singapore