- Sweden introduced plans to remodel its immigration services in order to attract more highly skilled nationals
The Swedish government will introduce changes to promote highly qualified foreign national immigration to the country. These changes include introducing a new model for processing work permit cases and establishing international recruitment units across the globe. The new model will focus on:
- Providing better services for foreign nationals and employers
- Aiming for a 30-day processing completion time
- Easier application services, including new e-services
- Establishment of an international recruitment unit
The new international recruitment units will exclusively hand and provide service to recruitment employees. They will replace the current certification process, allowing for more direct handling of highly qualified work permit applications.
For additional information on these changes, check here.
What are the Changes?
The government of Sweden will introduce several measures for foreign nationals to attract highly skilled foreign workers from countries outside of the European Union.
Continue to check the government of Sweden’s website for the latest updates and information.
Written by: Jessie Butchley, Global Immigration Writer, Envoy Global
Source: Swedish Immigration Office