- Amendments to the immigration rules for Foreign Professionals Act expand options for foreign professionals
On October 25, 2021, the authorities of Taiwan introduced new amendments to the Foreign Professional Act. These amendments reduce the requirements for residence and work permits by:
- Expanding the scope of foreign professional careers recognized under the Act
- Allowing foreign professionals and their dependents to apply for an Alien Permanent Resident Certificate (APRC) to work in Taiwan without needing to apply for a residence visa
- Allowing foreign nationals to apply for an APRC after residing in Taiwan for an average of 183 days per year continuously for five years
- Allowing Gold Card holders to apply for up to two extensions of six months each
For additional information, click here.
What are the Changes?
The authorities of Taiwan made amendments to the Foreign Professional Act, effectively reducing the requirements for residence and work permits and expanding the scope of careers recognized under the Act.
Continue to check the authority of Taiwan’s website for additional updates and information.
Source: Ministry of the Interior National Immigration Agency, Republic of China (Taiwan)