- Removal of government facility quarantine for travelers arriving from countries with low infection levels
- Three countries no longer classified as high-risk countries
The government of Taiwan announced that travelers arriving from low-risk countries would no longer be required to quarantine at a government facility. Instead, these travelers will be required to quarantine at a quarantine hotel or group quarantine facility at their own expense for the first ten days after arrival. The remaining four days of quarantine can be completed at a home residence.
For additional information concerning quarantine rules, click here. Upon arrival, these travelers will be required to:
- Undergo a PCR test
- Undergo an additional PCR test between days nine and ten of quarantine at a hospital or location designated by the local government. Arrangements for either of the options must be made with the local government
- If the test is negative, on day 11, travelers may take a quarantine taxi home or go to the residence of a friend or family member to undergo the final three days of quarantine
- Take PCR on day 13 of the quarantine
This quarantine, as mentioned earlier, requirements will remain in place until February 14, 2022.
In addition, the authorities of Taiwan announced that beginning November 6, 2021, travelers from the United Kingdom, Myanmar, and India would no longer be classified as high-risk countries, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC). Travelers from these countries will be required to:
- Provide a negative RT-PCR test within 72 hours before departure to Taiwan
- Ensure that proper arrangements are made for hotel quarantine location before travel
- Take a PCR test after arrival
- Undergo a 14-day quarantine
- Take a rapid antigen test on day six or seven of quarantine
- Take a PCR test between days 12 and 14 of quarantine
What are the Changes?
The government of Taiwan released new requirements for travelers from countries that do not present a high risk of infection. These requirements include a change in quarantine requirements and the removal of government facility quarantine for specific travelers. The UK, Myanmar, and India are also no longer classified as high-risk countries by the government.
Continue to check the authorities of Taiwan’s website.