- Australia introduced its new migrations strategy plan for 2024, which aims to revamp the country’s immigration system
The government of Australia released its migration strategy plan on December 11, 2023. The plan outlines the country’s roadmap changes for its migration system with eight key actions. According to the government, the plan will help return immigration numbers to what they were before the pandemic.
The following measures will be introduced under the new strategy:
- Creating a new skill-in-demand visa with three pathways
- Specialists Skills Pathway: intended for highly skilled foreign nationals holding an average annual salary of at least AUD 135,000. The salary must be equal to Australian workers within the same occupation.
- Core Skills Pathway: intended for foreign nationals employed in occupations on the new Core Skills Occupation list. Applicants must also earn at least the same income equal to the Temporary skilled Migration income threshold.
- Essential Skills Pathway: intended for foreign national workers with an income of AUD 70,000 or less who hold an essential skill.
The government will also take measures to reform some of the existing pathways to fill labor needs in the country better.
Continue to check the government of Australia’s website for the latest updates and information.
Written by: Jessie Butchley, Global Immigration Writer, Envoy Global
Source: Government of Australia