- Updated entrance requirements for eligible fully vaccinated visa holders
The government of Australia will allow eligible fully vaccinated visa holders to enter Australia without needing to apply for a travel exemption beginning December 1, 2021. A list of eligible visa holders can be found here.
These travelers must be:
- Fully vaccinated with a completed dosage of a vaccine approved or recognized by Australia’s Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA)
- Provide proof of their vaccination status
- Hold a valid visa for one of the eligible visa subclasses
- Present a negative COVID-19 Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) test taken within three days of departure
Travelers will also be required to comply with the quarantine requirements in the state or territory.
What are the Changes?
The government of Australia will allow eligible fully vaccinated visa holders to enter the country beginning December 1, 2021, with a quarantine requirement. This will allow more skilled workers to return to Australia.
Source: Prime Minister of Australia