- Canada will resume the collection of biometrics for individuals in Canada who are applying for temporary residence as of February 23, 2023
The government of Canada resumed the collection of biometrics for individuals in Canada applying for temporary residence. This requirement will be applied to the following applications:
- To extend their stay as a student, worker, or visitor
- To restore their status as a student, worker, or visitor
- For a work or study permit
- For a visitor visa
- For a temporary resident permit
According to the government announcement, this requirement will apply to all applications submitted on or after February 23, 2023. Exemptions will remain in place for select applications in particular situations.
For additional information on how to apply and submit biometric data, check here.
What are the Changes?
The government of Canada has reinstated the requirement for individuals in Canada applying for temporary residence to provide their biometrics. This rule will apply to all applications submitted on or after February 23, 2023, with exemptions available in specific situations.
Continue to check the government of Canada’s website for the latest updates and information.
Written by: Jessie Butchley, Global Immigration Writer, Envoy Global
Source: Government of Canada