- Hong Kong will now require applicants for visas and entry permits to declare any past criminal records
As of February 26, 2023, the authorities of Hong Kong will require applicants for visa and entry permits to demonstrate proof of holding no criminal record. According to the announcement, this change will impact the following visa categories:
- The Top Talent Pass Scheme
- The General Employment Scheme
- The Scheme for Mainland Talent and Professionals
- The Technology Talent Admission Scheme
- Immigration schemes for non-local graduates and second-generation Chinese-Hong-Kong permanent residents
What are the Changes?
The authorities of Hong Kong introduced new requirements for the application process for visas and entry permits. Applicants are now required to provide proof of holding no criminal record during the application process.
Continue to check the authorities of Hong Kong’s website for the latest updates and information.
Written by: Jessie Butchley, Global Immigration Writer, Envoy Global
Source: The Immigration Department of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region