This article was originally published on January 20, 2022, and was updated on April 8, 2022, to reflect new information.
April 7, 2022 Update: The government of China published updates to its inbound travel requirements for travelers departing from the United States on April 1, 2022. Inbound travelers departing from the United States, who have received permission from the authorities of China, will be required to present a negative rapid antigen COVID-19 test result and the green health code before boarding. Information for receiving a health code can be found here.
Travelers entering China are assessed on an individual basis based on the purpose of travel.
Original Post From April 8, 2022:
- On January 13, 2022, the government of China updated its entrance requirements for US travelers arriving in the country
The People’s Republic of China Embassy in the United States of America released further guidance for travelers entering China beginning January 13, 2022. Eligible fully vaccinated travelers departing from the United States are required to:
- Apply for a Health Declaration Certificate
- Take a nucleic acid RT-PCR test at the city of departure taken at least seven days before departure
- Monitor health and fill out the Personal Health Monitoring Form from the day that the RT-PCR test was administered until flight departure
- Take two additional nucleic acid RT-PCR tests at the city of departure within 48 hours of departure
- All RT-PCR tests must be negative for a traveler to depart for China
- Upload any required flight documentation before departure. For a list of required documentation, click here.
What are the Changes?
The government of China released new updates for travelers entering the country from the United States. Entrance requirements will vary depending on the traveler’s vaccination status and the type of vaccination received.
Continue to check the government of China’s website for additional updates and information.
Source: Embassy of the People’s Republic of China in the United States of America