- On January 8, 2023, China will lift several immigration permissions that were introduced at the start of the COVID-19 pandemic
The government of China will reduce restrictions on immigration permissions effective January 8, 2023. These measures will include:
- The resumption of accepting and approving typical passport applications for Chinese citizens
- Resumption of the processing of endorsements for Chinese mainland residents to visit the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region for tourism and business purposes
- Issuing exit and entry permits for foreign nationals intending to enter China
- Resumption of the issuance of ordinary visas, stay permits, and resident permits to foreign nationals
What are the Changes?
The government of China will lift several immigration permission restrictions that had been put into place at the start of the COVID-19 pandemic. According to the government, these measures aim to optimize immigration administration policies in response to the country’s downgrading of pandemic-related restrictions.
Continue to check the government of China’s website for the latest updates and information.
Written by: Jessie Butchley, Global Immigration Writer, Envoy Global
Source: The State Council of the People’s Republic of China