- Finland will increase application projections for work-based residence visas and student visas for 2023 and 2024
- Finland will update its immigration decision review process to provide more clarity throughout the application process
The government of Finland updated its forecasts for immigration application volumes for 2023 and 2024. As a result, the number of work-based residence application projections will increase to 19,000 in 2023 and 21,500 in 2024. The government will increase the number of student application projections to 8,500 in 2023 and 9,000 in 2024.
In addition, Finland will update its process for reviewing immigration decisions. These changes will include the following measures:
- Updates to the templates used for writing decisions or requests for additional information to provide more straightforward instructions to applicants
- Updates to child welfare guidelines and additional staff training to ensure that decisions are made in the best interests of the child
- Revising guidelines and conducting an external audit to ensure the quality of the review process
- Conducting five internal review process inspections on various residence permit decisions to ensure a customer-oriented approach and find ways to harmonize and streamline processes
What are the Changes?
The government of Finland increased its application projection volume for work permits and student visas for 2023 and 2024. According to the government, these increases reflect global economic fluctuations and labor market conditions in Finland.
Continue to check the government of Finland’s website for the latest updates and information.
Written by: Jessie Butchley, Global Immigration Writer, Envoy Global
Source: Finnish Immigration Service