- The authorities of Hong Kong plan to introduce measures aimed at attracting global talent and boosting the economy throughout the region
The authorities of Hong Kong introduced new measures to attract global talent and boost the region’s economy. These measures will include:
- Introducing a new office for Attracting Strategic Enterprises (OASES)
- Launching a new Top Talent Pass Scheme for foreign nationals earning at least HKD 2.5 million per year who have graduated from a top university in the last three years
- Enhancing existing talent admission schemes throughout the region
- Reducing requirements under the Technology Talent Admissions Scheme by lifting local employment quota requirements and maintaining quotas for a period of two years
- Reducing requirements for some visitors to apply for an employment visa when participating in short-term business activities in Hong Kong
What are the Changes?
Hong Kong authorities launched plans to increase the number of highly skilled foreign nationals working in the region. According to the announcement, these measures are intended to attract high-potential talent from around the world to Hong Kong.
Continue to check the authorities of Hong Kong’s website for the latest updates and information.
Written by: Jessie Butchley, Global Immigration Writer, Envoy Global
Source: The Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People’s Republic of China