- Hong Kong will require foreign nationals to complete specific steps of the application process online for pathways under the talent admission scheme beginning April 2, 2023
The authorities of Hong Kong introduced changes to the application submission process for four different pathways under the talent admission scheme. As a result, beginning April 2, 2023, applicants will be required to use an electronic service to submit visa and entry permit applications, along with requests to end the period of stay. The affected schemes include:
- The Quality Migrant Admission Scheme
- The Technology Talent Admission Scheme
- The Immigration Arrangements for Non-local Graduates
- The Admission Scheme for the Second Generation of Chinese Hong Kong Permanent Residents
The eligibility and approval criteria for these schemes remain the same. Applicants can also upload documents and check their application status online.
What are the Changes?
Beginning April 2, 2023, foreign nationals will be permitted to complete the application process for schemes under the talent admission pathway online. According to the authorities, the new online service will reduce the need for in-person appearances throughout the application process.
Continue to check the authorities of Hong Kong’s website for the latest updates and information.
Written by: Jessie Butchley, Global Immigration Writer, Envoy Global
Source: The Government of Hong Kong Special Administrative Region