- South Korea will introduce a new resident permit card design on April 1, 2023
The government of South Korea will update its residence permit and permanent residence permit card designs on April 1, 2023. The redesign will include the following:
- Color photos rather than black and white photos
- Enlarged photo size to improve visibility
- Updated text alignment and new phone number location
- A QR code that officials can use to access additional information
Old cards will remain valid until their specified expiration date, after which holders will be permitted to apply for a new card under the redesigned format.
What are the Changes?
On April 1, 2023, the South Korean government will implement new designs for their residence and permanent residence permit cards. These changes will include using color photos instead of black and white, larger photo sizes for improved visibility, updated text alignment, and a relocated phone number, as well as adding a QR code that officials can scan to access more information.
Continue to check the government of South Korea’s website for the latest updates and information.
Written by: Jessie Butchley, Global Immigration Writer, Envoy Global
Source: Ministry of Justice, Korea Immigration Service