- New minimum wages are in effect for 2021
- The new national minimum wage is EUR 500 gross per month
- Foreign workers with children must earn an additional EUR 150 for each child
- The wage increase applies to EU nationals and foreign workers
- EU Blue Card and Residence Permit with Work Authorization holders are not affected
Latvia has announced an increase in minimum wages for 2021.
What are the Changes?
Nationwide, the minimum salary in 2021 has increased to EUR 500 gross per month. Additionally, foreign workers must earn an additional EUR 150 gross per month for each child.
Who is Affected?
The change applies to EU nationals and foreign workers. Foreign workers with accompanying family members are also impacted, as they must now earn at least EUR 150 more in addition to their minimum wage.
The minimum wage increase does not apply to EU Blue Card applicants and individuals who hold a Residence Permit with Work Authorization.
What Should Employers and Applicants Know?
The new minimum wages apply to all new, pending, and existing applications.