- The UK Home Office is resuming priority and super-priority processing for certain visa and settlement applications
- Individuals in the UK may be eligible for priority or super-priority processing to receive a faster decision
- Priority processing is available for a fee of £500 and a decision in five days
- Super priority processing is available for a fee of £800 and a decision in 1-2 business days
- Decision notifications will be delivered by mail or email
- Applicants will receive a biometrics residence permit within 7-10 days of the decision
The Home Office is now allowing priority and super-priority processing for select visa and settlement applications.
What are the Changes?
Eligible applicants who are in the UK may be able to request priority or super-priority processing for their visa or settlement application to receive a faster decision on their application.
Who is Affected?
The change applies to Skilled Worker, Student, and Intra-Company visas and settlement applications. Individuals who choose the priority service can receive a decision on their application within five days of their appointment at the UK Visa and Citizenship Application Services (UKVCAS) appointment. Individuals must pay a fee of £500 for the service.
Applicants who want an even faster review time can choose super-priority processing. Super priority processing is available for a fee of £800. Applicants can expect to have their applications reviewed and a decision made by the next business day if their UKVCAS appointment is held during the week, or within two business days if their UKVCAS appointment is scheduled for a weekend.
What Should Employers and Applicants Know?
Applicants will receive notification of the decision on their application electronically or by mail. The decision may be delayed if more information is required. Applicants will receive a biometrics residence permit within 7-10 days of the decision.
Only select visas are eligible for priority and super-priority processing at this time due to COVID-19. Updates will be provided as available on expanded expedited processing services.