- New Zealand updated the List of Qualifications Exempt from Assessment (LQEA) under the Skilled Resident Visa pathway
The government of New Zealand updated the List of Qualifications Exempt from Assessment (LQEA) under the Skilled Resident Visa pathway, which will open on October 9, 2023. According to the announcement, this will streamline immigration pathways for foreign nationals possessing specific qualifications obtained overseas. The review includes:
- A review of the existing list
- Removal of qualifications that do not meet the new Skilled Migrant Category Resident Visa criteria
- Compiling quality-assured, approved, accredited, and relevant qualifications that meet the requirements
- The addition of ‘qualification type’ to all qualifications on the list
The updated LQEA will be in effect from September 29, 2023, to coincide with the Green List and Sector Work to Residence categories opening to application. It will be in place for the opening of the revised Skilled Migrant Category Resident Visa on October 9, 2023. It will include the following seven countries:
- Hong Kong
- South Africa
- United Kingdom
- United States of America
What are the Changes?
The government of New Zealand updated the LQEA under the Skilled Resident Visa pathway, which will open at the beginning of October 2023.
The government will release new updates to the list and countries included in the coming months. Continue to check the government of New Zealand’s website for the latest updates and information.
Written by: Jessie Butchley, Global Immigration Writer, Envoy Global
Source: Immigration New Zealand