- Saudi Arabia will implement new Saudization ratios for select businesses in the coming years
The government of Saudi Arabia will implement new Saudization ratios for select businesses in the coming years, resulting in the following changes:
- Private sector companies with three or more employees in project management roles must:
- Reach a Saudization ratio of 35% by December 24, 2023, and 40% by December 12, 2024
- Introduce a minimum monthly salary of SAR 6,000 for workers in project management roles
- Private sector companies with five or more employees in procurement roles must reach a Saudization ratio of 50% by December 24, 2023
- Private sector companies with five or more employees in sales roles must reach a Saudization ratio of 15% by December 24, 2023
For further information on these changes, check here.
What are the Changes?
Saudi Arabia introduced new Saudization ratios for the next two years. As a result, private sector companies in certain professions must achieve specific Saudization ratios by designated deadlines and comply with minimum salary requirements. Non-compliant employers will face penalties, including suspension of immigration and employment services.
Continue to check the government of Saud Arabia’s website for the latest updates and information.
Written by: Jessie Butchley, Global Immigration Writer, Envoy Global
Source: Human Resources and Social Development, Saudi Arabia