- Serbia plans to introduce new procedures for the processing of work and resident permits beginning in early 2024
The government of Serbia plans to update its procedures for processing resident and work permits. These measures include the following:
- Extending the validity of residence permit cards from one year to a maximum period of three years
- Simultaneously processing residence permits and work permits
- Updating the authorization permitted under the D visa so that its conditions are aligned with those granted under a work permit
- Introducing a web portal allowing residence and work permit requests to be submitted electronically
What are the Changes?
The government of Serbia introduced a bill that will update its procedures for the processing of work and resident permits. According to the government, these measures aim to modernize outdated and complicated processes.
The bill is currently pending approval from parliament but is anticipated to enter into force beginning in February 2024. Continue to check the government of Serbia’s website for the latest updates and information.
Written by: Jessie Butchley, Global Immigration Writer, Envoy Global
Source: The Government of the Republic of Serbia