- The government of Turkey introduced new monthly minimum wage requirements for foreign nationals beginning July 1, 2022
The government of Turkey updated its monthly minimum wage requirements on July 1, 2022. Sponsoring employers must meet the following criteria:
- Gross minimum monthly wage: 6,471.00 Turkish Lira (TRY)
- Net minimum monthly wage: 5,500.00 TRY
The minimum salary requirements differ based on position:
- High-level managers must be paid 6.5 times the minimum wage (42,61.00 TRY gross per month)
- Department managers and engineers or architects cannot be paid less than four times the minimum wage (25,884.00 TRY gross per month)
- Positions requiring expertise must be paid three times the minimum wage (19,413.00 TRY gross per month)
- All others (sales and low-level marketing officers) must be paid 1.5 times the minimum wage (9,706.50 TRY gross per month)
Salary requirements must continue to be met throughout the work permit’s validity.
What are the Changes?
The government of Turkey introduced new monthly minimum wage requirements on July 1, 2022. Minimum salary requirements will vary depending on the position of the foreign national employee.
Check the government of Turkey’s website for the latest updates and information.
Written by: Jessie Butchley, Global Immigration Writer, Envoy Global
Source: Presidency of the Republic of Turkey