- USCIS has updated its policy manual to offer premium processing for F-1 OPT and STEM OPT students
- Form I-907 will now be accepted for students with a pending Form I-765 application
- USCIS will accept Form I-907 for new F-1 OPT and STEM OPT Form I-765 submissions starting April 3, 2023
- Premium processing cases for F-1 OPT or STEM OPT applicants will be adjudicated in 30 calendar days
On March 6, 2023, US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) announced that it expanded premium processing to two more categories, which are F-1 Optional Practical Training (OPT) and Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) OPT.
USCIS will now accept Form I-907, Request for Premium Processing Service, for F-1 students who have a pending Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization.
Beginning April 3, 2023, USCIS will accept Form I-907 requests for students in the categories above who file Form I-907 along with Form I-765. Students can file Form I-907 online or by paper. Individuals filing electronically must first create an online account with USCIS.
Students must file under one of the following categories to be eligible:
- (c)(3)(A) – Pre-Completion OPT
- (c)(3)(B) – Post-Completion OPT
- (c)(30)(C) – 24-Month Extension of OPT for STEM students
USCIS will adjudicate premium processing cases for F-1 students who are seeking an OPT or STEM OPT extension within 30 calendar days.
Written by: Lucy Halse, Content Marketing Associate, Envoy Global
Edited by: Dmitri Pikman, Supervising Attorney, Corporate Immigration Partners
Source: US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)