- The EU plans to revise its visa-free entry measures to unify procedures across all member states in the fall of 2023
The European Union (EU) announced plans to strengthen how it monitors the EU’s visa-free travel policy to reduce security risks and unify entry procedures across all member states. Some elements of the EU’s visa-free travel policy that may be reformed in the coming months include the following:
- New grounds for the suspension to address unknown risks
- Adapting the thresholds for triggering the mechanism
- Making the suspension procedure more efficient and flexible
- Investigating member states investor-citizenship schemes, and
- Strengthening of monitoring and reporting provisions
What are the Changes?
The EU plans to revise its visa-free entry measures to unify procedures across all member states. According to the announcement, this will ensure safer entry into the EU.
The EU authorities are expected to introduce updated measures for its visa-free policy beginning in autumn 2023. Continue to check the government of the EU’s website for the latest updates and information.
Written by: Jessie Butchley, Global Immigration Writer, Envoy Global
Source: European Commission