- On February 6, 2023, France opened an online process for submitting citizenship applications
The government of France announced that foreign nationals would be permitted to submit citizenship applications online through the NATALI platform as of February 6, 2023. Applications will be accepted electronically if the applicant can provide proof of the following:
- Acquisition of French nationality because of marriage, the status of French ascendant, or the status of brother or sister of a French person by declaration
- Acquisition of French nationality by decision of the public authority and reinstatement of this nationality
- Francization of the surname and first names or one of them
- Authorization to lose French nationality
Once an application has been submitted, applicants will be required to undergo an assimilation interview and the citizenship reception ceremony. For additional information, check here.
What are the Changes?
As of February 6, 2023, the government of France has announced that foreign nationals can apply for citizenship online through the NATALI platform.
Continue to check the government of France’s website for the latest updates and information.
Written by: Jessie Butchley, Global Immigration Writer, Envoy Global
Source: Government of France