- The government of Qatar introduced new COVID-19-related travel measures for all international travelers on September 4, 2022
The government of Qatar introduced new COVID-19-related measures on September 4, 2022. Under these new measures, the government will take the following steps:
- Remove the list of countries subject to the COVID-19 red health measures
- Remove all quarantine requirements for travelers, except for those who have tested positive for COVID-19 upon arrival
- All travelers will continue to be subject to pre-arrival and post-arrival testing procedures
- Residents and citizens of Qatar will now be required to undergo a rapid antigen test (RAT) within 24 hours of departure
- Foreign national travelers will now be required to undergo PCR testing within 48 hours of departure for Qatar or a RAT test within 24 hours of departure
For additional information on Qatar’s COVID-19 travel requirements, check here.
What are the Changes?
The government of Qatar introduced new COVID-19 travel requirements on September 4, 2022. Travelers entering the country should ensure that they hold the appropriate immigration authorization, where applicable, before arrival.
Continue to check the government of Qatar’s website for the latest updates and information.
Written by: Jessie Butchley, Global Immigration Writer, Envoy Global
Source: The Ministry of Public Health, Qatar